Friday, September 25, 2015

Mademoiselle Butterfly Manga Review


So this manga is set in the early 1900s (ends after the the Vietnam war, if that helps.)

It's about a girl who is sold to a geisha house and meets the neighbor who she falls in love with.

It's a very sweet story. It doesn't give much detail on each thing that happens but I still got emotional reading the ending, if that helps you at all. 
It's such a cute romance and you see the hardships they go through. 
The manga does have a plot that has to do with the war. (That's why I brought it up.) 
You see the struggle of being in a war.
I feel like it kind of reminds me of Memoirs of a Geisha.
Although, it's a little different, you get the same feel to it.

You really enjoy the two main characters and I thought it was a very real romance for back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment