Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spell of desire/Majo no Biyaku review

I have been waiting for this manga to be published for forever! I love Tomu Ohmi! Her art is so pretty and her stories are so good! She also made Midnight Secretary. So far, these are the only two I know of that have been published in America.
On to the review! Since I have read more than just the first volume *cough* online *cough*. I know a little more that what is going to happen. But don't worry! I will try not to completely spoil it for you! They haven't published a lot of it online either actually. It's kind of sad. :(
So, basically, It's about the girl, Kaoruko Mochizuki, and the guy, Kaname Hibiki, who are on the cover here, obviously.... Kaoruko runs a herb shop up in the mountains that her grandmother who passed away had. One day, this dude, Kaname, comes basically barging in saying shes the daughter of the most powerful dark/black witch, The 'Witch Queen' and that she has her powers and he is basically here to protect her.
I have to say, Kaoruko is a very pretty, adorable woman and doesn't know how to depend on anyone so for him to be here is very strange for her. Kaname, on the other hand, is very similar to her other character from Midnight Secretary but more playful? I suppose. Kind of a pervert but he's cute so It's ok. :P
The book is basically about her trying to control her powers and how it affects everyone around them.
The book does progress quickly but once you notice the timing, you kind of understand.
I don't really have any complaints so far. I think it's cute. It doesn't progress slowly like other shoujo manga does.
I'm not exactly sure how many volumes there are going to be since there isn't very much info on the manga. It's not very popular, yet.
Now on to the art!
The art is very sleek and has just the right flow to it when it comes to main characters. Although, background characters don't get as much care.
This is not a spoiler because if you just start reading it.... well, you will understand.

Anyhow, as you can tell, background characters don't get as much details. Which is kind of disappointing but I understand what she's doing. I just think she could have spent a little more time on them. Proportions and all... Ehhe....
Anyway, I think that's all for today! You guys should definitely check this manga out! If you're into romance you will love her and her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment