Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Garden of Words/Kotonoha no Niwa Anime movie Review


I'm just going to get straight to the review.

So, I've been wanting to watch this for a while. Mostly for the art because of how amazing it looks. I mean, seriously... check out amvs or something if you don't want to watch it but the art is BEAUTIFUL. The detail. The color. Everything. Wonderful. Yes, one/two word sentences explain everything.
The story was really cute. I'm glad it was a movie. I don't think I would have watched an entire series for this. So, I'm pretty happy it was just a movie. It didn't need much back story to it and it was a very simple version of a drama. Somethings things did bug me though. Such as the way he never asked for her number or anything and the ending wasn't my favorite. But it was enjoyable to watch because I wanted to find out what happened between them. 
There really isn't much to say about this movie because of how much detail it lacked in the story...but you get most of it just by looking at the picture above. 

If you haven't heard about this movie, here is a little summary...
There is a boy who wants to become a shoe designer who skips school in the mornings to go to the park to draw sketches. He meets a lady there who is drinking beer and eating chocolate. They start to hit it off but he still knows nothing about her. He finds out somethings and then that is where the dramatic stuff comes into play. 
I don't want to say much more because if I tell you everything you might not watch it.
But if you don't care for the story, watch it for the art because that's what drew me in, in the first place. 
Seriously.
Watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment