Monday, December 1, 2014

Akame ga Kill Anime Review

Akame ga kill starts out pretty quickly. A dragon (that doesn't look like a dragon... more like a giant bug) pops out of the ground in front of some passer-bys ,and then the main character, Tatsumi, comes and slashes the dragon's arm off and chops it down. Just kind of an 'ok then' moment. He's some arrogant, naive 'little' boy who wants to make it big. (He kind of gets on my nerves a little, at first.)
It does change into a gruesome anime, though.
Basically the anime is about a revolution that is going on with the kingdom. You find out about these assassins called night raid. (This next sentence isn't really a spoiler but just in case, thought I would let ya know. It happens in the first episode so it's not really a big spoiler.) Tatsumi decides to to join their little group. You basically see how cool they are with their fancy magical weapons and everything.
ANYWAY!
With the very first episode, you feel bad for the kid. At least I did. :/ Some things go down, I'm not going to ruin it for you if you do decide to watch it...
Each character has their own personality, of course.  The other main character, Akame, is probably just like you think. Cool, calm, distant. The usual. Most people like those types anyway. It makes it a bit more interesting. There are the other characters but Akame is probably the one you want to know the most about since it has her name in the anime. (But to be honest, I don't really see how it's about her. Yes, she's in it but it is more about Tatsumi than anyone....)

It does have it's comic relief though. So, if you're not really into the complete overly dramatic anime... It has your little smirk in it here and there. Nothing overly laugh out loud.
It doesn't start getting really interesting until episode 6. It's very hard to keep interest in it until then so be patient. It took me forever to force myself to watch each episode. Once you do get to the interesting point, it's worth watching.
The fight scenes are my favorite.
It stops at episode 17 and it seems as if there is going to be a season 2. Either that or they stopped making episodes. I can see either one of those happening to be honest. It has its good and bad parts. It wasn't one of my most favorite anime to watch. But... It's worth giving a shot.
I would probably watch the next season. It didn't end on a cliff hanger or anything but I do want to watch the battles between 'good vs. evil'.

You do start to notice that the girls start to crush on .... Guess who?? Yeah... I probably don't have to tell you. But it doesn't really go in to much detail about romance in this anime so if you don't really like it then... you don't have to completely worry about it. I think it's more for comic relief than anything.

ART!
The art isn't anything that screams 'WOW!' to me but I do like the emotions that each character gives. It reminds me a little of Higarashi no naku koro ni kai with it's crazy scenes. (Eyes and such)
It has some pretty gruesome scenes so I was pretty interested in that.

OP/Closing songs
There were two openings and two closings.
The openings and the first ending were alright.
The second ending caught my interest though. The art for the OPs/Closing were really pretty though.

Anyway!
All in all... The anime was alright. I really had to push myself to watch it for the first part but once you get past that, it was a interesting.
Warning! It is bloody and gruesome so please be aware of that.


UPDATE!!!
So, I've been watching the newest episodes and I have to admit. I wasn't expecting so many things to happen all at once but it is really progressing and I am actually enjoying it and can't wait for the next episode. I am a little afraid of watching the newest episode. (watched a little preview of it and I'm a little nervous as to what is going to happen) The emotions of each episode seem to get higher and higher and it makes me really like this anime. I think they are learning from each episode and how to play things out.
So if you are still having a hard time trying to watch it, please stick through because you will enjoy the newest episodes that have come out. It's a slow anime to start out but very enjoyable once you get past that large hump of boringness. ( I don't care-ness)

All the blubbering-ness in the last episodes. SO MANY FEELS!! T^T
Also, I still think it's stupid that they don't make Akame the main character until the last episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment